Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Stanislawa Leszczyńska: The Midwife of Auschwitz

Dear Readers,

As you can tell, the blog's been on sabbatical for a while here while I finish off another project.  The good news is, that's getting close to wrapping up so I hope I'll be able to get back to the Valiant Woman Project before too long, because I have so many inspirational women I want to introduce to you!

My sister recently shared this story with me, and ladies, grab your tissues and prepare to meet a woman who embodies valiant womanhood as few others do.

The incredible story of a midwife who delivered 3,000 babies in Auschwitz

2 comments:

  1. So, so sad! She (and her daughter,)truly put their lives at risk to help the mothers and try to save the babies. I don't think most of us even thought about the fact that some women would have been pregnant when sent to concentration camps. Unbelievable evil vs.unbelievable courage and charity toward Jewish people before her imprisonment and toward all those mothers and babies in Auschwitz. Thank you, Rose and Julia!

    ReplyDelete