Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Prayer for Wednesday

Sometimes the problem with posting in the morning is that my brain isn't entirely turned on and tuned in.  So, I missed my chance to give St. Rose of Lima a special post on her feast day.  But here it is, a day late.

Admirable St. Rose, you were truly a sweet flower blooming on a rugged soil: you were indeed a rose among thorns, bearing with meekness the stings of envious tongues, and preserving perfect purity and modesty amid the alluring blandishments of a deceitful world.
By the merits which you have thus gained with our divine Lord, obtain for me the grace to bear my afflictions with patience, to remain pure and modest, to be meek and humble, and to be faithful to the inspirations of the Holy Ghost, so that I may be ever more pleasing and acceptable in the sight of my dear Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment